Mayor Ockerlander served on the City Council from 2010-2017 before being elected to serve as Duvall’s Mayor in 2017. Ms. Ockerlander has made improving our community through service on local, regional and statewide committees representing the council and assisting with policy formation at the county, state, and federal levels a priority.
Current assignments include:
- Member, Washington State Emergency Management Committee (Representing Association of Washington Cities)
- Member, Puget Sound Regional Council Executive Committee
- Board Member, Sound Cities Association
- Member, Sound Cities Nominating Committee
- Member, Sound Cities Legislative Committee
- Member, King County Regional Transit Committee
- Representing the Snoqualmie Valley Governments Association, Eastside Transportation Partnership
Previously Mayor Ockerlander served on the following committees
- Representing Duvall on the Sound Cities Association Public Issues Committee
- The Association of Washington Cities Ad Hoc Committee on Municipal Finance
- Association of Washington Cities Legislative Committee
- Association of Washington Cities Resolutions Committee
- President, Snoqualmie Valley Governments Association
- Member of the King County Bridges and Roads Task Force (appointed by the King County Executive)
- Duvall Sensitive Areas Advisory Committee
- Duvall Centennial Committee
- Duvall City Council Land Use Committee
- Duvall City Council Economic Development Committee
- Duvall City Council Public Works Committee
- Duvall City Council Public Safety Committee
Ms. Ockerlander has made continuing leadership education a priority, and as such she earned a Certificate of Advanced Municipal Leadership through the Association of Washington Cities in 2013, and Bronze Level Certification through the National League of Cities Leadership Training Institute in 2012. She is also a 2013 graduate of both the Leadership Eastside Leadership program and Leadership Eastside Executive Insight.
Mayor Ockerlander holds a Bachelor's of Interdisciplinary Studies from Eastern Washington University and is currently a stay at home Mom. From 2005-2013 she held staff positions in the state legislature and county government working on constituent issues, legislative and policy work, emergency public information and strategic advising. She has resided in the City of Duvall with her husband since March of 2001.
To keep up to date on news from the Mayor’s Office please follow the official Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/MayorAmyOckerlander/ .