Our first priority is and always will be to preserve the high quality of life and feeling of safety for our city's growing population. Members of the Duvall Police Department are committed to serving our community with professionalism, respect, and compassion. To optimize stewardship of police resources, the department balances sustainability with a firm and quick response to crime, problem solving through community partnerships, and crime prevention.
The department is mission-oriented in all of its priorities, activities, and philosophies. Our work processes reflect modern law enforcement concepts and technology. We involve every member of the department in an effort to continually improve all areas of administration and operations. Quality leadership at all levels provides for accountability and demonstrates our department's commitment to fiscal responsibility.
Our members value diversity, effective learning, professional development, and innovation. We take pride in what we do and measure our success by the satisfaction of our members and our community. To this end, the department continues to recruit, hire, train, support, and retain qualified personnel as sworn and civilian members of a progressive law enforcement agency.
- Professionalism - Duvall Police Officers will display exemplary uniform appearance, exhibit expert law enforcement skills, use good judgment, and have ethical character traits.
- Integrity - A concept of consistency of actions, values, methods, measures, principles, expectations, and outcomes.
- Accountability - As Duvall Police Officers, we take responsibility for our actions, work product, and decisions made while serving the citizens. We have the obligation to report, explain, and be answerable for the results of our decisions.
- Respect - Consistently treating citizens, department members, and the community as we would like to be treated.
- Honor - Always act with the utmost integrity, and be honest and truthful. Enforce the laws equally and without bias. We hold ourselves and each other to the highest ethical standards.