Public Hearings, Meetings, and Notices
Cherry Valley Village and Allen Street Village: Notice of Application, Minor Modification to Preliminary Plat, October 24, 2016.
North Urban Growth Area: Notice of special joint meeting with City Council and the Planning Commission, October 19, 2016. View the presentation deck here.
Jones-Wald - Development Agreement Amendment I: Notice of Public Hearing, September 28 and October 4.
Rio Vista - Preliminary Plat, Variance, and Departure (SU15-001): , August 12, 2016. n
Proposed Amendment to Duvall Municipal Code Chapter 14.58 - Impact Fee Assessments - Parks, Roads, and Schools: Notice of Public Hearings, July 27 and August 2, 2016.
City of Duvall 2015 Comprehensive Plan Update and Zoning Map Amendments: Notice of Public Hearings, May 11 and May 17, 2016. To view exhibits related to the hearings, please visit our Comprehensive Plan web page.
North Hill Preliminary Plat Extension Request (SU007-006 and VAR09-001): Notice of Decision, April 18, 2016; Hearing Examiner Decision, April 18, 2016.
Cottage Housing Demonstration Ordinance: Notice of Public Hearing, April 27 and May 3, 2016. Documents related to this proposed demonstration ordinance can be found here.
The Planning Department:
- Develops and implements long-range planning policies
- Evaluates land use proposals (including commercial site plans and residential subdivisions for compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws)
- Provides planning and zoning assistance to citizens and developers
- Ensures the enforcement of zoning and sensitive area regulations
The Planning Department's long-range responsibilities include preparing amendments to the:
- Comprehensive Plan
- Shoreline Master Plan
- Unified Development Regulations - Title 14 of the (including zoning and sensitive area requirements)
Short range, or current planning responsibilities include:
- Staffing the public counter
- Answering questions either in person or on the telephone from citizens and developers
- Processing land use applications such as site plans, residential subdivisions, and conditional use permits
- Monitoring the city's development
Each type of land use application includes a cover sheet, master permit application, master permit application checklist, specific land use application, and applicable Duvall Municipal Code sections, and may also require a city contacts list and SEPA checklist. Land use application forms can be downloaded and filled out electronically. If you don't find the application you are looking for or need more information, please email Lara Thomas or call 425-788-2779.